Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Craziness & Irony

Crazy things pop into your mind when the fire alarm goes off. I'm chilling in my apartment watching Revenge of the Sith. It's the middle of the duel between Mace Windu and Chancellor Palpatine when suddenly a loud screech begins coming from my bedroom to retreive my pager. Who the f**k is paging me at this hour? I'm not on-call. And I starting walking to my bedroom. Wait. I turned off my pager earlier, so this wouldn't happen, what the hell is making that noise? ... Crap. That's the fire alarm (again). So I start to leave my apartment. Why is the fire alarm going off in my bedroom? So I turned back my bedroom. No fire. (I have no idea why I thought it was necessary to check). And I grabbed my keys and leave.

The people in my apartment go to be early or something. It was only 10.45 pm and a bunch of them were in their pajamas. Which sucks for them, 'cause it was nice today, but it got cold fast this evening.

Last time I commented about the firefighters. This time, the police officers caught my eye. There were four of them loitering around the apartment's entrance before the firetrucks even arrived. [Aside: I thought the Starbucks downstairs was closed at this time of night]. Everyone else was loitering around the entrance too. After a few minutes (and the firetrucks had arrived), the police decided they should actually do something besides chat to each other, so one of them told another one to shoo everyone away from the entrance. After (jaywalking) to the other side of the street with everyone else, I sat and watch the police officers loiter around the entrance still. Which was kind of ironic. :-)

No comments: