Thursday, February 16, 2006

Thursday

I'm in good mood. It's almost the weekend, men's hockey has started at the Olympics (Canada beat Italy 7-2 yesterday and played Germany earlier today - I'm currently waiting for CBC to re-broadcast that game), I bought a new pair of New Balance running shoes that are very nice. I'm also planning on trying to cook risotto for dinner tomorrow night. (I've never tried making it before).

Last night I watched the last disc from season one of Lost. I can't believe how good a TV show it is. It's one of the best things since sliced bread. The season finale was even more crazy-mad than usual. (e.g. Pouring gun power in a wound and setting it on fire to suture it. Damn). I can't wait for season two to come out on DVD.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

The risotto turned out well, I was quite pleased. (Sometimes when you try to cook something new, it ends up a disaster).

I used this recipe as a basis, but changed a few things - no mushrooms (they are gross), adding broccoli and celery at the end (to satisfy my vegetable quota and add colour), and I used fake bacon. I fudged some of the quantities too.

Anonymous said...

Do you cook new stuff like this often? What else did you have with it?
I enjoy cooking, but I tend to be more like the Swedish Chef from the Muppet Show, then Emeril or someone from the Food Network.
What kinds of things do you enjoy cooking/baking?

Ryan said...

Just the risotto. I was going to get some fresh buns (dinner rolls), but I was busy with work and forgot. I think soup would go well with it too - if you organized/timed everything right you could have the soup while the risotto is cooking.

I bake muffins (usually banana chocolate chip) to eat for breakfast about once a month and once in a while I make cookies to take to work.

I like cooking too, but during the week, I work late and usually don't really "cook" anything. (Dinner is something easy to make like frozen pizza or soup or pasta or something like that). But if I'm home on weekends, I'll try to cook something nice: stir fry, a pasta dish that requires some effort like fettucine alfredo, chicken + mashed potatoes + vegetables, lasagna, etc.