Sunday, January 21, 2007

Travel Plans

I don't really have much vacation saved up at work, but my plans for this year are:

  • Costa Rica - go and see the rainforest and do something a bit different than my past two vacations (which were to Europe).
  • Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons - Crater Lake was an awesome camping trip. I want to go to camping at Yellowstone next and Grand Teton is right beside it.
  • New York City - I have a friend who's moving there, so I figure I can invite myself for a visit some weekend and see the Statue of Liberty, Central Park, Times Square, and all that good stuff.
  • Chile - There's a ferry that runs along the coast, which has scenic fjords, and after a few days you end up in Patagonia, which has great hiking at Torres Del Paine. Being south of the equator, the seasons are "backwards", so the best time to go is November-April, which means I would go next winter.
  • Portland - I've been to Vancouver and Victoria, which only leaves Portland as the nearby major city that I still need to visit.
I want to go hiking/camping at Mount Rainier and Olympic National Park this year too, as it's been two years since I've visited either place, but they're close by, so it's not really travelling.

No comments: