Saturday, September 10, 2005

Turn Up The Sun

Oasis is one of my favourite bands. Last night I went to their "gig" in Everett.

Kasabian and Jet opened. Kasabian was okay, but not really exciting. I had been expecting a little better. I wasn't really sure if I would like Jet or not, but they rocked pretty good.

Oasis was fairly rocking and put on a good performance. They started with Turn Up The Sun and Hey Lyla from their new album, Don't Believe The Truth. In fact, most of the songs were from Don't Believe The Truth and they played nearly the entire album. (Let There Be Love was the only notable absence). Definitely Maybe received some converage with a rocking Bring It On Down, Cigarettes & Alcohol, and one of my favourites Live Forever. They also played the hits from (What's The Story) Morning Glory - Morning Glory, Wonderwall, Champagne Supernova, and Don't Look Back In Anger. When they took the stage, Fuckin' In The Bushes was played and they closed with a great cover of My Generation. Perhaps the only disappointing thing was they didn't play anything from Be Here Now, The Masterplan, Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants, or Heathen Chemistry. All-in-all I had a good time though (even if the Everett Event Centre was freezing cold).

3 comments:

Ramanan Sivaranjan said...

I remember seeing them at Maple Leaf Gardens. They put on a pretty good show. I haven't heard any of their new album. Is it good?

Ryan said...

It's a solid album. Perhaps a little more rock n' roll that some of their other stuff. Lyla and Let There Be Love are growing on me.

Darren Conquest said...

Could you tell your friend Suor that the link he is after is

http://darrenconquest.blogspot.com/2005/07/cambodian-familys-row-over-roast-dog.html#comments

Would have left it on his blog but I do not know his password !

Alway happy to help a fan...

DC