Friday, July 30, 2004

No! Don't Move There!

I managed to get myself into a slightly inferior position in my first game today, which deteriorated into a losing endgame. By some miracle, however, I managed to salvage a draw. For my second game today, I got into horrible time trouble yet again. (Recall that if you run out of time then you lose). I made my first significant screw up of the tournament and lost a piece as I didn't enough time left to properly think about my move. The position was total chaos, but I think if I played properly then I would have ended up with the better position. Oh well, such is life. So I'm sitting at 2-1-1 and currently tied for 6th of 22 in the U2000 section. (There are five sections, U2000 being the middle one). Perhaps tomorrow will bring better luck.

No comments: